Saturday, November 1, 2008

Needful things

A few posts ago, I was complaining about needing a new bra. I finally got one and it was a huge pain to find it. I didn't know my correct size and I didn't have the guts to have myself measured or fitted. But, this one seems to be holding everyone up just fine.

But now I need a new pillow. Dammit. This is worse, if you can believe it, than needing a new bra. I don't know if ANYONE else in the world has as much trouble with pillows as I do, but I can NEVER find a pillow that stays lofty without murdering the outer cartilage of my ears.

For a long time now, I've been accustomed to sleeping with 2 pillows so that I wouldn't have an aching neck. Being a side sleeper, my ears end up being pressure points and need to be cushioned.The kind of pillow arrangement that suits me best is to have a not-too-thick but moderately firm pillow on the bottom, and a lofty and super soft pillow on the top. That way, I have the height for my neck but my ears don't feel like burning embers either!

My problem isn't usually with the bottom pillow as much as it is with the top. If the pillow is soft enough, it's either far too thick or far too thin, and I've even tried making my own from the innards of those softies. It's a cumbersome task that winds up with the looking like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man just blew up all over the windows and the floors.

I realize this is probably a very lame rant. I know you're probably thinking that pillows are the least of ANYONE's worries. I agree. It should be that way. Lord how I WISH it were that way.

And as long as I'm wishing, I wish that my arse didn't look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man's either!

P.S. Check your email for a note from me to see if you're the winner of the giveaway! :O)

2 comments:

Nissa said...

That's funny- my hubby's really particular about his pillow. I always get his castoffs. I tease him & call him the prince & the pea!

I'm so excited about winning your giveaway! Thanks!

Mysh said...

It's really awful. I don't remember my ears being so sensative when I was younger. Ahh, the joys of growing old!! :O)