Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas spirit

I've been researching HEAVILY craft ideas for Christmas. My personal budget was in a crisis waaaayyyyy before the country's and I've had to come to terms with taking the "easy way" (read: store bought) out of gift giving this year.

In a way, I don't really mind because there's this part of me that truly adores making things and watching the look on people's faces when they realize that they've received something that you've really put time and effort in.

On the other hand, the things that I have decided to make, first of all because I can afford to do it and secondly, because I have enough patience and skill to do it are also going to be things I would want to keep for ME!

But I know, it's not very GIVING and it's not what Christmas is about and I will certainly get over the need to covet and hoard for myself.

Do you think ol' St. Nick ever had that problem?

No comments: