Friday, February 13, 2009

Mortal Coil

I'm feeling very sheepish and sort of ashamed to admit something.

I just finished reading "Breaking Dawn" - the last book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I have also read part of "Midnight Sun" which is posted online somewhere. That's Edward's version of the first book, "Twilight."

I know a lot of older readers have already been - pardon the pun - sucked into this love story and I swore to myself and to Hoodie and to any other person within earshot, that I was not going to read any other part of this teenage-broodiness. I got enough out of reading "Midnight Sun" that I pretty much knew the plot, and I didn't feel like buying or waiting for the library to have the middle books.

Meyer is a good writer, she knows her craft. Despite this series being intended for the tween and teen set, it proves to be decent distraction for anyone really.

Okay, I feel much better now. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

I have so much stuff to do this weekend, it's crazy! I need to get some work done that I've put off for far too long. Good thing most of my family members are under the weather - read: not up for doing much themselves. And it's supposed to be cold and rainy, which also means time for staying indoors.

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't say I've read any of her books and I think I'm holding out in being the last free-standing person not to.:)

Mysh said...

If you should succumb, you'll have A LOT of company- Hahaha!